My Shopping Box Experience: The Ordinary Skincare

Hey guys! I'll be writing about my experience with My Shopping Box.

My Shopping Box is a freight forwarder based in California, US. When you sign up, you will receive a unique address to send your overseas purchases to. Then MSB will forward it from the US all the way to your doorstep to the Philippines.






Related post: My Shipping Cart Experience: Shipping a Laptop to the Philippines

Here is my MSB address. All MSB addresses are the same except for the Suite number.


What I like about My Shopping Box is that unlike Shipping Cart which has a mandatory door-to-door rate of $10 (approx. Php 500), MSB does not have a door-to-door fee! Meaning if you buy an item and opt for MSB's services, all you will be paying for is the weight of the package itself. They will still deliver straight to your door! Here is My Shopping Box's FAQ for more in-depth information about their services.

I ordered skincare from Beautylish, a store based in California. I addressed the items to my MSB address and waited for the notification of its receipt.



And when the items arrived in my suite on July 11, 2017, MSB sent me this email:


I log into my account and I see the package details and the rates. It shows the dimensions, the weight and how much is due. There is a choice for air or sea shipping. I opted for air because I wanted the item sooner. I paid for the item using a BDO credit card and got a discount of 3% off on what was due. In all, I paid $11.62 (Php 589.13) for shipping.



And after checking out the items, I receive this email:


My Shopping Box's tracking is not really that accurate. Their tracking facility also is not very detailed. There are just icons that turn green when the package has reached certain milestones. Here is how it looks like:


(Authorized - Departed USA - In Transit - Arrived in Manila - Delivered)


I checked out and paid for my order on July 11, 2017. I received the product on July 27, 2017. It took 16 days or 12 business days to get to me. I live in Camarines Sur, Bicol. It's pretty slow compared to what I'm used to with Shipping Cart where I get my items in less than a week.

Pros:
- No door-to-door fee
- Has discount when paid with BDO credit card
- Low rates for small and snugly packed items

Cons:
- No photos of package
- Slow (compared to competition)
- Measures the packaging itself, not the product inside it
- Tracking is not accurate
- They open the packaging for weighing as well as inspection, but are re-sealed properly

Overall, I rate My Shopping Box 2.5/5. It's good if you're shipping items which you don't need immediately and if it's not electronics. You're also saving money by not paying for a door-to-door fee. Also it would help if the packaging of the items are very minimal so that you get the best of your money's worth.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of what I know.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Shipping Cart Experience: Shipping a Laptop to the Philippines