My Shipping Cart Experience: Shipping a Laptop to the Philippines

Hey guys! Today I'll be writing about my experience with freight-forwarder Shipping Cart, specifically my purchase of a laptop from June 2017. I know it can be very unnerving ordering something quite expensive and putting all your trust in a freight forwarder to deliver it quick and safe. Here is a guide to somewhat aid you if you are interested in availing Shipping Cart's service.


What is Shipping Cart?

Shipping Cart is a freight-forwarding company based in California, United States. When you sign up for a Shipping Cart account, you will be given a unique address to where you should send your overseas purchases, and the Shipping Cart will forward it straight to your address in the Philippines.

This is my address:



The information includes your name, the Shipping Cart address assigned to you and the company's phone number. All Shipping Cart's addresses are the same except for the account number.

Chargeable Weight and Rates


There are two ways of calculating air weight: volumetric weight and actual weight. Shipping Cart will calculate both and will charge whichever is higher. Volumetric weight is calculated using the package's dimensions and the actual weight is the direct weight of the product. Calculating Sea Weight is different as they calculate it per inch now. Here is Shipping Cart's FAQ discussing it.

A great thing about Shipping Cart is that it offers free insurance of up to $500 of your item's declared value. Anything over that will cost you 4% of what is in excess of that $500.

Another thing I love about Shipping Cart is that you can consolidate your purchases. Meaning, if you buy two different items from two different stores, you may opt to check them out together! This saves you money especially with the mandatory door-to-door fee of $10 per address.

Note that each item has a maximum of 30 days to stay in Shipping Cart for free. If it exceeds that, a fee of $0.14 per pound will apply.

The Laptop

I ordered an ASUS 15.6" FX Series Gaming Notebook from BH Photo Video. It cost $850. BH Photo Video is a store based in New York so it was quite a long way from California.




I had to wait around 5 days shipping for it to get to Shipping Cart. Once it was received, I got these emails:




Timeline

1:02AM: UPS delivered the Laptop to Shipping Cart
5:02AM: Shipping Cart confirms receipt of the package.

Next day
12:55AM: Shipping Cart informs me that the package is already in my cart!

It took around 1 day from when the laptop was delivered until it could be checked out. This varies from time to time, some can take just a few hours and some can take days. Just to be sure, make sure to contact Shipping Cart if it exceeds 5 days.


And when I logged into Shipping Cart, I saw a picture of the laptop as well as the transaction details.



Since I've already checked this out back in June 2017, a more detailed page showing the dimensions and weight is unavailable. I'll definitely go into a more in-depth review when I order something using Shipping Cart again. Thankfully, the transaction details were retained.


As you can see, I opted for air shipping with subtotal at Php 4,831.19. This already includes the mandatory door-to-door fee of $10 or approximately Php 500. All Shipping Cart transactions sent to an address costs $10. So for example, you have

That same weekend there happened to be a promo going on for Father's Day and I was able to save Php 1,000 off the whole order! I paid Php 3,831.19 in all through credit card.

I received multiple e-mails after the transaction. I compressed them into one image and put the timestamps for reference. Here are also the tracking details for the package:



From when I checked out on June 17, 2017, to when I received it on June 23, 2017, it took the laptop around 6 days to get to me. I live in Camarines Sur, Bicol so it's likely that those in Metro Manila will receive their orders earlier.

Pros:

- Photos of the products
- Fast shipping
- Up-to-date tracking
- No additional fee for electronics
- Free insurance of up to $500

Cons:

- Door-to-door fee of $10
- They open the packaging for weighing as well as inspection, but are re-sealed properly

Here's the laptop!

Overall, I am very pleased with Shipping Cart's service. I rate it 4/5. It was quick, reasonably priced and trustworthy. I am also glad to say that I've ordered many times from Shipping Cart since then, many of them from Amazon US. Recently I ordered a Loot Gaming box from the US and had it sent to my Shipping Cart address. I'm very much looking forward to it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. With the postal service the parcels can be late and they usually don’t offer the delivery to your doorstep and this is why the trend of private courier services has increased. I also am doing online business and have collaborated with Courier services Ft Worth. The team picks up as well as delivers the packages to my location without any issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our sea load organizations involve moored and capable stacking and purging of your payload from each one of the holders which makes us obvious from other freight master communities. We have our own task force of trucks that can help in doing the pickup and also for transport organizations of the items. We give our clients best and specific responses for shipping from China to Amazon FBA. Not simply that we give all these quality organizations at arranged rates with the affirmation of on-time movement. We Endeavor in offering unmatched solutions for our clients to extend their business reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing experience! Do you experience shipping your parcel Sea Freight Philippines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you're looking for Freight Forwarder Philippines you should check and visit metrocombined

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you're looking for Freight Forwarder Philippines you should check and visit metrocombined

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog