Shipping Cart Review: Loot Gaming Crate to the Philippines

A few weeks ago, I placed an order for a Loot Gaming box from Loot Crate and had it sent to my Shipping Cart address. Today, it finally arrived!



A screencap of the emails I received from Shipping Cart.


Timeline (Philippine Time):

  • 12:45AM: FedEx delivered the Loot Gaming to Shipping Cart.
  • 02:52AM: Shipping Cart sent me an email confirming receipt of the package.
  • 03:45AM: Shipping Cart sent me another email informing me that the package in my cart is ready to ship!
It took Shipping Cart 2 hours to confirm the package and 1 hour to put it in my cart. A total of 3 hours. That's quite fast!

I log into my Shipping Cart account and this is what I see:


When I click on the Loot Gaming link, I am directed to the details page where the dates, dimensions and weight are displayed. There are also two pictures of the Loot Gaming box taken, one with it open and the other picture with rulers beside it to measure its dimensions.


Weight for Air Shipping

As you can see, Shipping Cart opted to use the Volumetric Weight instead of the Actual Weight.

The Volumetric Weight is equal to: (L x W x H) / 166. 
(Loot Gaming Box: (11 x 8 x 4) / 166 = 2.12lbs)

The Actual Weight is the weight of the package when put on a weighing scale.
(Loot Gaming Box's actual weight is 1.86lbs)

Shipping Cart will choose the higher weight between the Volumetric Weight and the Actual Weight. In my case, the Volumetric Weight was higher so it is the weight I will be paying for.



I am happy to see that the Loot Gaming Box is looking great and was not damaged in transit or with the Shipping Cart personnel handling it. Looking at the pictures, it seemed like they were very careful with it. 

Total Cost

After you input the value of the package in the Insured Value box, you may opt to ship the package via air or sea. You can choose via the Shipping Method drop-down box. This calculation already includes the door-to-door fee of $10. In my case, I will be shipping this via air and this is the Air Cargo Fee:




When you click on "Ship it", you will be directed to the checkout page.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Shipping Cart Experience: Shipping a Laptop to the Philippines